Tuesday 29 September 2015

Radio Ad #1 - Nina Ricci Perfume

As part of my research, analysing existing radio adverts is required. My first radio ad I am analysing is a perfume by Nina Ricci. It starts off with the song 'Unforgettable' by Nat King Cole, I think this was a good choice of song for a perfume advert because everyone has their own individual perfume scent and perfumes are quite a personal thing to someone. Due to the lyrics, it promotes the perfume as being particularly feminine, this is then reinforced when he says it is a 'classic french fragrance' - stereotypically, France is known as a city of romance and love and perfume can be classed as a sensual and seductive product. The lyrics 'unforgettable, that's what you are' link with perfume being personal and having an individual scent, almost being remembered by the scent of perfume you were wearing. I was surprised to hear a male voice talking in this radio advert, I expected a female to be speaking due to it being a feminine perfume and the perfume is by Nina Ricci, a female fashion designer.



No comments:

Post a Comment