Wednesday 16 September 2015

Advertising a Product vs Service

Advertising a physical product would be a lot more simple in comparison to advertising a service. I think this because depending on the product I choose to advertise, I would be able to choose how I am going to advertise it as it must link to the product I would be advertising. Moreover, I would be able to link my casting, setting, camera angles, lighting, miss en scene etc with the product. For example, if I was to choose to promote a shampoo product, the advert would stereotypically be made to entice female's to purchase the product. Choosing to advertise a product allows me to clarify a little easily how I would like my advert to look. 

Advertising a service would be considerably harder for me as I only have a short amount of time to really promote a service for all its great qualities. In comparison to a product, it's a physical item which automatically draws consumers in. With the use of specific camera angles/lighting, I would be able to show off my product to its full extent within my short time frame. Moreover, promoting a service would mean that I would find it hard to cater and adjust my service to a specific audience. With a product, I can really focus on my target audience, making sure there is a direct link between consumer and product. Additionally, my survey/questionnaire results would be more accurate, allowing me to pick out and deduce the feedback given. 


I would find it difficult to make a service look really great through the use of camera, editing, lighting and miss en scene as it would push me way out of my comfort zone. I only have a short amount of time to complete my final product and I feel I would be able to complete my coursework to the best of my ability through advertising a product.

No comments:

Post a Comment