Thursday 3 December 2015

Film Noir

I am thinking about making my perfume advert in the style of film noir. I recently only came up with this idea when I thoroughly thought about the style and the presentation of my perfume bottle/name. I want my perfume advert to be subtly seductive but not too raunchy as my perfume is classy. As the name of my perfume is a french name, the idea of a film noir advert seemed to suit and relate to my theme. I think this will challenge me as creating an effective film noir piece can be very difficult. I have also decided quite late which means I am going to have to make a lot of decisions quickly. I am going to research a little more into the codes and conventions of an effective film noir so I can hopefully apply them when making my own advert. At the end of AS, in class we looked into film noir for a while, specifically we looked at the film Gilda which came out in May 1946. This is a very good example for me to base my advert on as the main character is a lot like how I have planned my female character out to be. I am going to watch the film again and make notes on the evident codes and conventions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment