Wednesday 18 November 2015

Perfume Bottle

I have been looking into how I would like my perfume bottle to look. I had think about this carefully as it has to match the price of how much the perfume is going to be. As I have decided that I would like my perfume to be marketed as a high quality perfume, I had to brainstorm ideas that would fit into my chosen ideas. For example, I looked at perfume bottles that are more at the end of the lower quality spectrum to give me ideas of how to avoid my perfume bottle to look a certain way. As a development in my planning, I looked up cheap perfume brands and bottles. Firstly, I looked at 'Fashion' by Miky Toki - below is an image of the bottles. I want to avoid tacky coloured bottles as I think it makes the perfume look cheaper than its meant to be. If I was to choose a colour for my perfume bottle, I would use pastel colours, possibly baby pink as it would not be too overpowering. Furthermore, instead of choosing a colour for the perfume bottle, instead I could make the liquid fragrance a colour. 

Coco Chanel Mademoiselle is an example of a perfume that has a tinted rose pink fragranced liquid which makes the bottle look slightly pink. I think this is a subtle and effective way of adding colour to the perfume bottle. Moreover, as Chanel is known as a high quality, expensive brand, they have to be careful not to damage their brand image by making a tacky bottle. Also, the shape of the bottle is simple and elegant. Cheaper perfumes tend to have an obscured shape bottle with added accessories (bows, ribbon etc.) which makes them look not as expensive. 






No comments:

Post a Comment